Sometimes your IOS device is not being recognized by iTunes then you may need to perform a “recovery mode” restore iphone.
Important: You will lose all the data on your device when you restore it, so try this when you don’t have any option left. Yes if you have taken a backup of your device earlier then you surely will able to restore.
Follow these simple steps to perform recovery more restore
- Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Turn the device off: Press & hold the Sleep/Wake (Power) button for a few seconds until the red slider appears. Then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
- If the slider didn’t work for turning the device off, then hold the Sleep / Wake & Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake & Home buttons
- Now while holding the Home button connect the USB cable to the iPhone, iPod, or iPod touch. The device should turn on.
- Please don’t release the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button
Note: If your device is running out of battery it will show battery image. Keep the USB cable plugged in and charge your device for 15 Mins. Then start the process again
iTunes will launch automatically to inform you that your device is in recovery mode and that you need to restore the device
Note: Please open iTunes yourself if it does not open in two minutes
- Click on “Ok” button & then click on “Restore” button to restore the device
- After the device has been restore, Just follow the steps / instructions to setup your IOS device or restore backup
Do let me know which option worked for you? And if you have any question/query related to iOS device feel free to ask